Monday, August 14, 2017
1 packet water chestnut powder (227gm)
100gm white sugar
400ml coconut milk
150gm brown sugar
(1) divide water chestnut powder into portion according to this (A) 90gm and (B) 137gm.
(2) mix together (B) 137gm w/chestnut powder into 300ml water, then dissolved brown sugar into the remaining water over medium heat. Do not boil the syrup. Let to cool then stir together chestnut mixture & brown sugar syrup till cooperated.
(3) mix together (A) 90gm w/chestnut powder and 400ml coconut milk then dissolved 100gm sugar into milk over medium heat, do not boil it. Let to cool then stir together chestnut mixture & syrup till cooperated.
(4) now, preheat a steamer with a 9" greased tray.
(5) pour one to two scoop of brown syrup batter to tray and let to steam for 3 minutes or till set. Make sure the batter is fully cover the tray.
(6) once its done, pour in the white syrup batter for the second layer and let to steam for 3 minutes again. Repeat the brown ones alternately till everything completed. And let to steam for 5 minutes at the final layer.
(7) leave cake to cool completely before keep chilled.
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
4 deboned chicken thigh, cut into 9 portion each
5 cilantro root
3 garlic cloves
2 TB vegetarian oyster sauce
2 TB light soy sauce
1 TB brown sugar
100ml thick coconut milk
1 TB corn flour
1/2 tspn ground pepper
Pound ginger, cilantro & garlic to paste then mix together with the remaining ingredients. Finally, marinade chicken meat with the mixture and keep chilled over night.
TO ASSEMBLE :
Prepare 30 pieces pandan leaves. Wash & trim off the edge.
Monday, August 7, 2017
(Recipe adapted from here )
2 slices of dory fish, cut into chunk slices
ground pepper & black pepper
1 cup all purpose flour for coating
Ingredients for batter :
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup potato starch
1/2 tspn black peppercorn, crashed
1 tspn ground white pepper
3/4 tspn baking powder
1/4 tspn baking soda
1/2 tspn chili flakes (chili powder)
salt to taste
1 cup cold beer
2 TB chopped herbs (basil or mint)
(1) mix together all the dry ingredients from batter into a big bowl then mix well. Stir in cold beer and chopped herbs till well cooperated. Do not over work the batter. Lumpy is good.
(2) marinade fish fillet with pepper powder then drench it to plain flour, pressing flour into fish so that it sticks well.
(4) next, deep fried coated fish fillet till golden brown over medium heat.