Gluten-Free Buckwheat Cake

It's always fun to explore in our cooking and baking with all kinds of new ingredients. Recently, I'm trying to make good use of my buckwheat flour. Buckwheat is very nutritious and easy to digest. And it's good for our tummy too. But buckwheat isn't something that is easily to work with, due to 0% gluten contained, unlike flour.

Here's something I'm working on.

Ingredients :
200gm butter, melted
180gm sugar
4 eggs, separated
1 tbsp sugar
100gm almond meal
100gm buckwheat flour
1 tspn cinnamon powder


Method :
(1) beat egg yolk and sugar untill fluffy pale.
(2) cream in butter untill combined.
(3) fold in almond meal, buckwheat flour and cinnamon untill well mixed.
(4) whisk egg white & 1 tbsp sugar untill foamy.
(5) fold egg white into flour mixture (in 3 batches) untill well combined.
(6) pour batter into 9" tray nicely coated with butter & buckwheat flour.
(7) bake at preheated oven at 175'C for about 35-40 mins or untill the cake tester came out clean.
(8) cool for 20 mins before slicing.

I have the top with icing sugar and also cocoa powder.

Oooo.... my kitchen smells heavenly! Did someone says buckwheat has WEIRD aroma & taste? Not at all ! I think it tastes great even without axtra cream and frosting. This is a very simple and delightful tea cake. I bet you'll never regret. Enjoy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...