Date & Zucchini Loaf

The other day, I went for my yearly check up. I took up the PAP Smear test & breast check up. It has been my annually routine check up eversince after I gave birth to my first child. What's in your mind when seeing your doctor every year? For me, it's like seeing an old friend. Well, unless there's other thing came up then you'll have to see him more often. Of coz, we don't wish that to happen! Actually, there's nothing to be afraid of. Early check up can safe your life! Other than that healthy living and food consume do help as well. I've found some fresh local zucchinis at the nearby supermarket lately and going to make myself a nice loaf of healthy bread. Zucchini is the best ingredient for quick bread making because it has the least moisture. And here's what I did.

Ingredients :
90gm butter, softened
130gm brown sugar
2 large eggs
215gm all purpose flour
2 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tspn cinnamon powder
2 tbsp milk
2 tbsp lime juice
1 cup shredded zucchini
10 pcs seeded dates, halves

Method :
(1) cream butter & sugar untill fluffy.
(2) add in eggs and beat till well mixed.
(3) stir in the remaining ingredients and mix well.
(4) pour batter to a 4x9" tray and bake at preheated oven 180'C for about 45 mins.
(5) leave to cool completely before spread the top with sweet & tangy glazing.

Ingredients for Icing Glazing :
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tspn lime zest
(combine all ingredients and mix well)



If you prefer it looks a little drier, you can bake for another 10-15 more minutes
but I love it this way. It tasted better and smoother in this way.

I'm glad there's still cucumbers & zucchinis and other green vegetables available here in the market. It was pretty scary what is happening in Germany & all around Europe. Hopefully, everything will be back to normal quickly or they will be no more green vegetables on their dinning table soon. Blessed you all!
(bread, cake, breakfast)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...