Citrusy Cream Cheese Custard Bun

After being away for so long, I'm still trying to pull myself back together and started baking again but it seems hard to move around this days without any dynamic inspirations. However, I at least started my favourite bread baking already. I really missed my homemade breads and so are the kids. NOW....I think I'll have to come up with more yummy hot breads. I'm really craving for some. Here's what I've been working on the prefermentation bread making.

Ingredients :
Starter Dough
200gm  bread flour
2 tspn  yeast
1 TB sugar
200ml  milk
(combine everything and mix well then leave to rest for an hour for fermentation till double in size)

Main Dough
250gm  bread flour
4 TB sugar
1 egg, do not beat
1 TB  milk
50gm cold butter, chopped

*Extra flour for coating.
& 1/2 cup poppy seeds for topping

Method :
(1) add main dough ingredients to starter dough to form a soft dough and knead gently till smooth.
(2) then let dough rest for an hour or till double in size.
(3) once its ready, punch to release air from dough and slightly knead dough till smooth with oil coated hand.
(4) now, place dough to a slightly floured working table and divide into 12 portions.
(5) fill in each portion with one table spoon of custard and sealed nicely to let to rest on baking tray for 30 mins or till double in size.
(6) brush the top with egg glazing and sprinkle on some poppy seeds then bake at preheated oven 190'C for about 25 mins or till brown on the middle rack.

Ingredients for Citrus Cream Cheese Custard :
125gm  cream cheese, softened
1 whole egg + 1 egg yolk
50ml  milk
2-1/2 TB  sugar
1 lime juice & rinds
1 lemon juice & rinds
1 TB  orange rinds

Method :
1) whisk together sugar, eggs, milk & flour into a saucepan till smooth & well combined.
(2) then cook the mixture over a double boiler till thickened.
(3) now, slowly stir the hot mixture into soft cream cheese and beat till smooth & thick.
(4) finally, add in the remaining ingredients till well mixed. Then leave to cool completely..

Hmmm..mmm....this cream cheese custard bun with assorted citrus flavour tasted absolutely irresistible. I've got to come up with more recipes with such delicious custard. Cause its been a long long time since I last tasted something like this. Hopefully, this will be a great start for the year 2014. Enjoy & have fun guys ! Blessed you all.
*
I'm sending this to Wild Yeast Blog @ Yeastspotting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...