Papa Ginger Dipping Sauce

Though I am not celebrating the Chinese New Year this year, I'm still heading home for our yearly gathering as usual. But this year I went home early, 2 days before the Chinese New Year eve. My hometown is so crowded especially at most food court & market place. And during this time of the year, my dad loves to prepare his favourite ginger dipping sauce for my mom's white cut chicken. He prefer to hand chop all the ingredients more than pounding them. I can't say it's the best in the world but that's the flavour & taste we're looking forward to as we grown up with. And that is why I called it as papa ginger dipping sauce

Ingredients for Dipping Sauce :
400gm   fresh ginger
100gm   shallots, skinned & sliced
50gm   garlic, skinned
1/2 cup cooking oil
2 TB sesame oil
light soy sauce

Method :
Put together ginger, garlic & shallots into blender and blend well. Preheat a wok or non-stick sauce pan with 1/2 cup of cooking oil & 1 TB sesame oil, stir in blended ingredients and saute till fragrant & thick. Finally, add in sesame oil & soy sauce and off the heat.





Oh boy it just smell so yummy !!!

This sauce is absolutely inviting and its also best to use it in stir fried the leftover chicken the next day, which my mom used to. It tastes even merrier. Hope you guys will love it too. Hope you guys are having a fantastic Chinese New Year ! Enjoy & have fun !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...