Basil Tuna Buns

Recently, I harvested a big bunch of home grown basil. Gosh, it smells soooo good. I just love it so much. The first thing came straight to my mind was some good looking buns and I knew I've got to make them as soon as possible before I brain washed everything. haha..... And here's what I did with the buns complete with additional fillings, some leftover canned tuna. Good that I can at least clear up something from the fridge. >o<

Ingredients for basil buns :
400gm  bread flour / high protein flour
2 tspn  yeast
4 TB  sugar
200ml  milk
1 egg
1 cup  fresh basil leaves
70gm  cold butter, chopped
1/2 tspn  salt

*2 canned  ready mixed tuna
*egg glazing : 1 egg yolk mix with 1TB of milk.

Method :
(1) blend together milk & basil leaves till leaves nicely pureed.
(2) now, place together flour, yeast, sugar, egg & milk mixture and stir to form a soft dough.
(3) then add in salt & cold butter, continue kneading till dough became smooth & elastic.
(4) leave dough to rest for an hour or till double in size, by covering it with a damp towel.
(5) when its ready, punch dough to release air bubbles and continue kneading for another few seconds, then divide dough into 12 portions.
(6) flatten dough and fill in the tuna mixture, sealed then place it to a greased baking tray till every completed.
(7) again, let dough rest for another 40-45 minutes then brush on egg glazing.
(8) finally, bake at preheated oven 200'C for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.

I have to say these buns are absolutely addictive. And life is good while we can enjoy our own harvest. I'm so glad I've made them with my home grown basil. Hope you guys will love it too. Enjoy & have fun !
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...